Search Latest Updates:

Mayweather vs Ortiz Online Live Streaming

Mayweather vs Ortiz Online Live Streaming, News and Updates, Mayweather Ortiz 24/7

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

'Best ever' Hatton ready for Pacquiao

Ricky Hatton believes he is "the best he has ever been" heading into Saturday's showdown with Manny Pacquiao.

The "Hitman" takes a 42-1 (32 KOs) record into the light-welterweight fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, and is unbeaten in the 140-pound division, his lone defeat coming at 147 pounds when he was stopped by Floyd Mayweather Jr in the same ring nearly 17 months ago.

"This is the best Ricky Hatton's ever been," Hatton declared on Tuesday night. "I haven't lost too many rounds at junior welterweight, never mind fights, because I've been too strong."

He added: "But it's not just about 'the strongest man wins' in a boxing match. Other elements come into it, technical things, the game plan, things like that.

"Technically I was back to my best in my last fight and that was after only seven weeks with my new team. I think the difference between my last training camp and this one is night and day, technically."

The Las Vegas oddsmakers think Hatton is heading for the second defeat of his career when he goes in against Pacquiao (48-3-2, 36 KOs), who is widely considered to be the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world.

But the Mancunian is confident he will come out on top and has assured fans he was not leaving behind his aggression, nor would he be reverting to his less disciplined brawling style.

He said: "I am a pressure fighter. You couldn't say for the Malignaggi fight that I resorted back to the old Ricky Hatton.

"Everybody thinks because of my new trainer (Floyd Mayweather Sr) that I've turned into this twinkled-toed jab-and-move boxer. I haven't.

"I'm still aggressive, I'm still a body puncher, still as ferocious as ever; technically, I've just peaked it here and there, jabbing more, moving more, setting my attacks up. Everybody is saying I'll resort back, but resort back to what? I don't think I've changed a great deal, I'm just more polished in certain areas."

Source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5g4SZpE0q1kvWGRrueztEIoX7lS0A

Social Bookmarking

No comments:

In your opinion,how will the pacquia-Hatton match will end?

Blog Disclaimer

This is a personal blog that aims to share online information about the upcoming fight. This blog is a collaborative effort of individuals who are currently registered members of other online community sites. This does not claim any form of ownership or copyright in the materials found in this blog. Most of the contents featured in this blog come from other sites. The said materials are owned by those sites where these resources are posted.