Search Latest Updates:

Mayweather vs Ortiz Online Live Streaming

Mayweather vs Ortiz Online Live Streaming, News and Updates, Mayweather Ortiz 24/7

Monday, April 20, 2009

Hatton eyeing P4P crown


Ricky Hatton says his greatest motivation when he faces Manny Pacquiao on May 2nd comes from the prospect of being crowned the world's best pound for pound boxer.

The Manchester boxer will put his world light welterweight titles on the line when he faces the Filipino, the world's current P4P champion, and realises that this is his best chance to reach the very top of his profession.

"It means everything to me," he told HBO's 24/7.

"You can't go higher than being the best P4P fighter of all the champions and all the weight divisions. Nobody is going to stop me doing it, including Manny."

Hatton maintains that his last shot at a P4P king, Floyd Mayweather Jr, saw the worst moment of his career back in December 2007.

"I don't think it was humbling - I'm a humble guy anyway - I think [I was devastated after] the fight because it was a fight I really did believe I was going to win," he said.

"For weeks after I was just like a wreck - I was crying in me beer every night as they say.

"It would have been easy for me to throw the towel in. To say I've won four world titles, I'm happy with that. But that's not what a great champion's about. An average champion might do that. I want to be remembered as a great champion."

Source: http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/other-sports/2009/04/20/Boxing-Hatton-on-P4P/gnid-49337/

Social Bookmarking

No comments:

In your opinion,how will the pacquia-Hatton match will end?

Blog Disclaimer

This is a personal blog that aims to share online information about the upcoming fight. This blog is a collaborative effort of individuals who are currently registered members of other online community sites. This does not claim any form of ownership or copyright in the materials found in this blog. Most of the contents featured in this blog come from other sites. The said materials are owned by those sites where these resources are posted.